"Writing is making sense of life. You work your whole life and perhaps you've made sense of one small area."
-Nadine Gordimer

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Emotional Outbreak

This post is mainly going to be a rant, so be prepared.

I am really angry and stressed. I signed up for something at school just to find out that it is not available. I really really wanted that thing! Ugh. Life is so unfair; that is why I am considering becoming a lawyer. I want to bring as much justice to the world as I can. Then again, there are reasons why I don't want to become a laywer as well. Well, that is besides the point. If I go into my career decision process, my blog will crash. As I was saying, I am angry (if that isn't obvious enough yet). There are several things that are stressing me out. Oh, I should mention that the week ahead of me is going to be killer! I have so much to do. Aaahhh!!

Sometimes I wish there was a device that could measure how much someone's psychological state has deteriorated since the day they were born. I would love to know my result. See? I went off-topic again!

Ok, let me just give a quote to make things better, because a quote always makes everything better. Haha. Here it is:

"The best answer to anger is silence."
-Anonymous

Then there is Maroon 5's version:

"I am in misery,
There ain't nobody who can comfort me.
Why won't you answer me?
The silence is slowly killing me."
-From their song "Misery"

I think I like Maroon 5's perspective more. Anyway, I found this poem. It's meant to describe street children. I love poetry so much. It's like putting emotions into words. Let me know what you guys think. (By the way, it doesn't have a title).

"A child looks at me.
Her eyes are full of emptiness,
Her heart cold as stone.
Her stare pierces through me,
The anger and sorrow transferring to my heart.
Her small feet are bare,
Her small hands shake from the cold.
She is fearful,
Frightened by everyone and everything.
Tears flow down her pale face,
But are concealed my the rain drops.
She cries for her future,
Hoping it will be nothing like her past.
I take a step forward,
But she walks away.
All that remains is the stillness of her cold,
But weak stare.
It hangs in the misty air,
Never to fall back down again..."

I think I will end it at that note. Hopefully I will be sane in my next post. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment